4 is so young - he may just be working on something else right now....
You can certianly try a lot of different activities at a lot of different levels and see what sparks his interest. Travel to different libraries and write an article for the local paper about the pros and cons of the various libraries.

Get the chess pieces out and teach him how them move. My son was 5 when he learned, but you never know. What games does he like?

One very 'du-obvious' thing to try is to ramp up the challenge level. Even homelearning families find it hard to really 'get' just how above level their children are - from what I hear.

While you wait, consentrate on the basics, sound diet, sleep patterns, limit screen time, make sure there is enough outdoor and excersize time, service to others. Praise, praise and praise some more any bit of flexibility or willingness to try you see in any context, no matter how small. Let him overhear you praising to others his flexibility and his willingness to try things.

It sounds like you have plenty of 1-to-1 time. Do you have a set time once a week where you turn off all phones and just play what he likes to play for 30 minutes? You can even allow him to break 'minor rules' during once a week special time. For example, at age 5, my DS always wanted to go to McDonalds for his special time. I never would eat the food there, or allow it other times of the week, but I would let him choose it for special time. Or sometimes it's helpful to get a family member recruited to get in closer for some regular visits.

thoughts?
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com