True, a bad teacher is never good, in any subject. frown

You remind me that I didn't specify the kind of class, and that matters a LOT! Immersion programs are best. The less English spoken in class, the better! And the more active the kids are--jumping, spinning, walking, etc.--the better for memory and engagement. Pointing and saying words to seated kids is not immersion teaching! I learned 50 words in my first day in German I class in high school because she had us jumping up and sitting down and turning the lights on and off and...She did not speak a word of English the entire class once she informed us that we were going to learn 50 words. All the rest of the class was German! It was fun!

Questions: teach your son how to call someone a funny name in Spanish. (As I recall from 25 years ago, we liked calling people woodcutters in German because it sounded so funny--something like "Shlysenheitsschleifer" or some such combination of sh's and luh's...) But calling someone a "teapot nose" in Spanish might be just the thing to perk up his interest.

Also, a trip to a Spanish-speaking place--especially if he's the only one who can speak Spanish!--is great for showing a kid why learning a foreign language matters.

Kriston