I apologize if there is a search phrase that would have led me to this info, but I could not find exactly what I want.

I am looking for recommendations for a hardcopy math curriculum. I don't want an online class or DVD. I am looking for a series of texts that introduces concepts in a logical order and provides adequate practice assignments.

I have the Life of Fred books and I think they are great, but they do not provide adequate computational practice by themselves. We did Kumon for a while, but it was the opposite problem - too boring. The kids hated it and while I have no problem requiring them to practice skills, I felt that the Kumon approach was a bit much. I think they can continue to practice the basics while moving on to other concepts.

I also have several of The Art of Problem Solving books, but my kids are not there yet.

I have purchased math workbooks at the bookstore and they are all garbage. SO much nonsense, so little content. It's more work to cull information from them than to create my own curriculum (which I don't have the time or expertise to do).

My kids are going into 3rd and 4th grades. They have both worked through EOG exams two years ahead (and their WIAT II and IOWA scores are consistent with this), but I think they could use some accelerated review of a typical standard curriculum.

My goal is twofold:

They are starting in a new school next year and I don't want the new school to point to some small shortcoming (like not knowing what stem and leaf plot is) and use it as a rationale to deny them appropriate placement. We have already had a gifted program in this school district give us questionable feedback on their abilities so I am concerned about this.

Long term I want to supplement their math education. I struggled to get a graduate degree in math as an older student. I had no idea how little I knew. I had always been told I was "really good" at math. I want my kids to have a better math education than I received.