Originally Posted by chris1234
Anyway, I guess I wasn't too excited to hear all the bitterness in your tone, calling folks 'morons' doesn't float too many boats around here smile

Agreed.

Originally Posted by cricket2
Ouch! As a Mensa member myself, I'd have to say that I have met a few Mensans who are oddballs around whom I don't necessarily care to hang, however I have also met a lot of Mensans who are really interesting people and they aren't all bitter people who work menial jobs.

Yes, gifted people can be more prone to existential depression. I had plenty of challenging years myself. I don't think that finding part of one's social circle in a high IQ group indicates the inability to interact with people outside of that group, though.

And agreed.

I am a Mensan and I am a secretary. I love my job and I have enjoyed the experiences I've had in Mensa.

I don't know the basis on which you rest your claims about "most" Mensans; it is downright impossible for you to know "most" Mensans to any degree, much less thoroughly enough to pass such judgment.

But I understand that you must have been having a rough day and needed to vent. I sympathize with the challenges you've faced in the past and those that you have not yet met. Perhaps you need to spend a little time gaining perspective and developing compassion, though. College students have endless opportunities for volunteering; I suggest you look beyond yourself for a chance to make a lasting, positive difference in the lives of people who have suffered far more than you have.