DD6 is in an accelerated gifted school in 1st grade (she went there for K also). She has been doing well in their opinion, apparently, as she has received straight A's on report cards. However... DD does *not* have a firm grasp on her basic math skills (counts on fingers & draws number lines to compensate), has problems retaining information, has spelling issues (aces tests but doesn't apply or make the connection when writing) This week she had a test and did poorly (Language Arts) but the strange part was the inconsistency. She would capitalize properly in one case and not do it in the next sentence, she'd use the correct pronoun here but not there. It really looked weird. She got the extra credit bonus points.

Ok, so - recently she took the WISC IV and scored very low in the WMI w/ a 34% score. (compared to her 99.5% in PRI)anyway - i am wondering if the low working memory score is reflective of her probs in school and if so what to do??

I don't know if we should take her out of an accelerated program. The psych. said it seemed like an auditory processing issue. I don't want her to start sinking and get overwhelmed at school but she seems to be a little lost. I should add she loves music and is very artistic. She doesn't STOP drawing and creating all day long. Also, she is very clever, witty and solves problems in very unique ways. She amazes me daily with her ingenuity!

We are trying to work out schooling for next year and I have to accommodate her PG DS8 as well. Even though her test scores qualify her for the gifted programs I don't know if it's too much for her. I wish they had a Gifted in Art School for her (rather than academics!!)Maybe if she skipped a grade in public school and did the pull out gifted enrichment? or just enrich with art/music lessons/dance etc?