I'm also in Louisiana (St Tammany Parish) and I have heard the same thing about not releasing the actual IQ scores. I believe it is because they do not want to take part in labeling kids with an IQ and they only see the potential in the harm that it can do. I agree, but as a parent I definetly want to understand the whold picture. I guess they don't think that talking in the terms of Standard Deviations from the Mean means much to the average person. You should be able to estimate IQ from the standard dev. info. If the standard dev. is 15 points then 2.5 is probably around 137. Also, you can get an idea from the percentiles as well. My daughter tested 99% in part of her IQ and 99.8% in another. That is a significant difference so I would ask if they are reporting it accurately or rounding. We did independent testing because we are applying to a private school. Since we did independent testing, it can be submitted for gifted program in the public school system and my child will not have to be re-tested as long as everything is according to state requirments. You do, however, have to pay for independent testing versus having the state pay for it.