Ah, we are in a similar position. Our ds (5.5) took the WPPSI last month and was a few points shy of the Davidson cutoff -- with five ceilings. His WIAT scores, though, qualify him both in reading and math. I sent in his application last week.

I included several anecdotes in the parent question sections that I felt would give them a good feeling for ds. You can work a lot of information into those answers; just attach a separate sheet. I think the history/battles thing would fit well in the "child's need to explore subjects in surprising depth" or whatever it was, and they even suggest including chess in the "prodigious talent" section. My ds is less academically motivated than many of the children on this board, but I was able to come up with several incidents that demonstrate ds's precocity, and work them into my answers. Of course, we just applied this month, so that may or may not work! smile

Since they ask for copies of all standardized tests given, I don't know that you *can* technically omit the WPPSI score from your application; if you have had testing done, they go by scores. I don't think portfolio is an option if you have two qualifying tests. Am I mistaken in this impression?

Personally (and I can say this, because it's what I did), I'd include his WPPSI and WIAT scores and get all the other info in the parent sections. From what I understand, they look at the full score reports, and they'll likely figure out the the WPPSI IQ is an underestimate, given the limitations of that particular test.

Anyway, best of luck! Your little man sounds extraordinarily bright.

Mia