I will verify the IQ scores and how long they are good for. The School is in Huntington Station but its not too close to the train. The bus is provided by the local school system, my kids take the bus home. I have heard some people drive there kids to the furthest bus stop, I will have to check into that.
DS tested way off the chart and my DD is gifted also. I know he really belongs there, but I felt I needed to give her the shot too. We do what we can to scrape by, it is hard but I think its worth it. You always get people (especially in your family) that think you are crazy.
The ONLY problem with waiting is the there is only a certain number of spots available and then students get on a waiting list. My DD is in kindergarten and I know there are 2 families fighting for one spot that is opening for the rest of this year. They were unhappy with some other private schools on LI. They don't advertise what the waiting list is, so I have no idea how long or real the list is.
The school has your child come in for one day for a trial day, for both the school and you child. That is something you may want to peruse.