Hi there,

thanks a lot for the answers smile

A few comments:

Chris1234 said: On the other hand, I don't know that ds ever had to practice less common words or what look more like parts of words - pom, dom, etc. Sort of scratching my head there...

They are not part of words but Dutch words. Some of them sound like that but I wrote them by memory - sorry about the confusion I have created. I have now the list with me and those particular ones are : som - tom - bom- kom - dom (in English: sum - Tom - ? - come - ?). Others are for example rijk - dijk - kijk...

Grinity:
Yes, the multilingualism probably plays a role. After all, she is learning to read in two languages at the same time and daddy reads to her in a third one and then she hears mommy and daddy speak in a fourth one ! And then she wants to learn French LOL!
If I spell not too long words for her she can put them together, both Spanish and Dutch.
No, the private teacher is not coming any more although maybe I should consider a 'recall' so she can read to DD in proper Dutch and not in broken accent...
About the audio books, I just got two: Peter Pan and some Dutch music story smile
I think I have to get more Dutch books in general with stories that she likes very much.

Dazey:
I really hope it will click for DD earlier!!!
I was a late bloomer though. In Spain children are taught to read when they are 5 so they enter 1st grade already reading. I pass to 1st grade not reading very well and according to my mom I was a fluent reader within a week. She probably exaggerates a little bit, but even then, I became later a very fast and avid reader...

Oups ... baby phone ....