Matrix Reasoning 17
Vocabulary - 17
Picture Concepts - 11
Word Reasoning - 17
Coding - 7

Verbal IQ - 141 - 99.7%
Performance IQ - 133 - 99%
Full Scale IQ - 126 - 96%

I read the previous postings about how you all think the full scale IQ is computed. That was helpful.

My question is about the coding score. The psychologist said that after the first timed section my DS said "Why didn't you tell me I was being timed!" So it sounds like he didn't grasp the whole timing thing. I don't think he's ever done any timed work in school or at home, so this was a new concept for him. The score of 7 just seems so odd compared with the other scores. Would you agree? I'm assuming this is why his full scale IQ dropped so much.

And of course, there's the whole other issue of whether or not he should have been tested using the WPPSI. I've read the discussions on this forum about which test should be used at this age. The psychologist actually told me when I scheduled the appointment that she would use the WISC. Then when she called me in to give me his results, she said she used the WPPSI. Ugh! I asked her why and she said "no particular reason." Was that $500 wasted?

I'm so thankful for this forum. All of your posts have helped me so much for the start of what looks to be a long, but exciting journey! Thank you in advance to anyone who can give me some insights into his scores.