If it were only that easy.........((sigh))

Good luck with that and God love ya if you pull it off!

School districts usually have policies regarding these things, these policies are often based on the state's legislative decisions.

I'm glad your school states it's policies of inclusion for all students. It's pretty much illegal to state otherwise.

Sometimes school have an official and "unofficial" policy about what goes on in the classroom. If your teacher ability groups that's fantastic, and not to be confused AT ALL with tracking, BTW.

Sounds like the teacher made a great connection between her working with the lower groups and DD's frustration level. Most teachers worth their weight would adjust a situation that they observe causes the child undue stress. This by the way, it a good way to approach the principal if it's not resolved. You have more teeth if you approach it from that direction.

Be nice to the teacher, I know you feel angry. She's your best shot at the moment of rectifying the situation in a short amount of time. It seems if she wants to do the right thing. Maybe she's never experienced a child as advanced as yours. BTW, newer teachers can be the best teacher these kids have because sometimes they are more open to the parents suggestions.

The worst year either of our children ever had was with the most senior experienced K teacher in the district.

It would be nice if we could have one conversation with the school and then everything will go smoothly after that. That hasn't happened yet here! I recently resigned myself to the fact that I will never ever get to just drop off, pick up and everything is fine. It will be consistent communication with the school and there will be problems. I actually mourned my dead fantasy of pick up drop off smiles all around. I actually cried! frown

Lastly, and there's no way to sugar coat this, if you approach the school with these words or this attitude: She is acting out because she is bored/not challenged.....you are sunk before you start.

Gratified is correct.

Maybe something along the lines of: "Well I think we've figured out a trigger for her frustration. What can we do in class to alleviate her frustration, and WHAT CAN I DO AT HOME TO HELP HER FIND A MORE PRODUCTIVE WAY TO EXPRESS IT".

We aren't trying to bag on you, we're tying to give you helpful advice, we've all been there and I know I've made some mistakes. I wish someone would have told me.......

I definately think testing is a great idea. Most of our kids have reported just LOVING it! It will help you justify her unique situation when you talk to the school. If you homeschool if can give you a reference point in terms of what's appropriate and how fast she'll burn through courses.

((hugs and more hugs-line "borrowed" from Grinity))

Cheering you on,

Neato