I've heard that the BYU class quality really depends on the instructor. But that's almost the case with everything. If she qualifies for CTY, that might be a thing to look into.

The community college idea might be workable, depending on your local resources. Our state law says dual enrollment is for high school juniors and seniors ONLY. Our local community college says they won't enroll anyone under 16, although they possibly might be forced to if one wanted to make a big enough fuss and had the right scores/qualifying data. (DD's SAT scores more than exceed anthing they could ask for, but we're not ready to cross this bridge yet.) My DD12 was permitted to cake a continuing education language class, but being continuing ed, of course there's no transcript, grades, or credit--AND they made me register and pay for the class myself in order to chaperone her, effectively doubling the cost. (It was worthwhile to get her placed into the 2nd semester of a language class at our high school, though).

Last edited by Aufilia; 02/22/19 08:39 PM.