My tentative recommendation would be no, partly because I am not confident that RSM is particularly rigorous/deep and the fact that your DS is going into 8th with AP Calculus as the "next" course in the sequence. In our area, only high schoolers can get credit for AP Calculus. Of course, it doesn't mean you can't "take" the course, just that you can't get credited on your high school transcript. That is partly why I am glad that we held DS back so that he didn't take AP Calculus until 9th grade. Instead he studied number theory and combinatorics and lots of competition math. There is also the issue that there is nothing special/necessary about Precalculus - it covers (perhaps deeper) topics from Algebra 2 and Geo/Trig courses. I think if your DS wants to stay with the traditional course sequence, he would be better off taking AoPS Geometry and/or Intermediate Algebra (the third Algebra course). DS cruised through his school's PreCalculus and AP Calculus AB courses but found AoPS Intermediate Algebra challenging. It makes sense to follow with AoPS and DS did not mind "repeating" in that way; however, I think he would have probably pulled his hair out if he had to repeat the school's courses after studying it in a more rigorous outside setting. If your DS has any interest, he should consider the combinatorics and number theory courses - there is a beginning and an advance one available through AoPS. DS is taking the advanced combinatorics course but he self-studied the beginning one a few years ago. Of course, there are also competition math and corresponding courses through AoPS and other providers as well.