This is a very late reply to your extremely helpful reply. 4th grade got worse, better, worse, better, etc. Some meds, OT sensory supports have been helpful. We are waiting to see what happens next year after tweaking small things slowly. Sigh.

When you asked if we had had a full comprehensive evaluation, I started to say yes, but I am not sure that is really true. We had a long one day eval with a psychologist (Behavioral checklists, WISC, WIAT, etc). What I don't feel like we got was good evaluation around executive function, working memory, etc, and I am not really sure why. It sounds like she was not cooperative during the testing. We cant re-test within a year, but I think we will do another eval this coming year if possible.

As for 504 vs IEP, I don't think the diagnoses that came out of the eval made her eligible for IEP, and with a lot of pain and struggle (emotional and behavioral rather than academic) we were getting by. We are seeing an OT, a counselor, a psychiatrist, etc now.