I can relate to the attitude. My 9 year old says that he is going to quit school after 5th grade and become an onion farmer and run a roach motel. He said that education beyond those grades will not be necessary for his occupational choice. Yesterday he wrote a story and in the story he mentioned the words "rebel" and "boring teachers" several times and then the school exploded because the students bombed it. One of my (sort of) friends is a principal and he said that DS probably would have been suspended or had some sort of consequence if he had written that in school. Which I think is really dumb. So I had to tell him to NEVER write about bombing a school or any other kind of violent action in a story, because he will get in trouble, and that's going to somehow persuade him to have a better attitude in school, when he can't even express his thoughts in a fictional story? He is also 2e and everything seems to be way too easy or way too difficult. He complains constantly about how the teachers order him around and treat him like a robot. He is compliant but the teachers don't like his scowling or his attitude.