Originally Posted by VR00
Spagetti,

Do you know what does the assigned teacher does on the self-paced courses? Do they grade or provide other guidance etc?

Thanks.

VR000, it's been quite awhile since our DS took an online CTY course, but fwiw, his teacher was wonderful. She provided quite a bit of supplementary material online, sent the students an extra discussion question (outside of the class topics but related to the general subject), answered all of ds' questions very promptly, and just generally overall wonderfully nice. DS had a question related to some work he'd done in the course over a full year after he'd completed the course (he was working on a project for his b&m school)... so he sent an email to his former CTY teacher asking for advice and she really went above and beyond in replying and following up with ds.

I can't say the course is worth spending all the $ that it cost.. but as others have mentioned, it is accredited coursework, and our school district will give credit for CTY courses. I've also received good feedback for me as a parent on report cards and in email conversations with the teachers.

Best wishes,

polarbear