Originally Posted by blackcat
So she is not sending home the regular Envision sheets, just these random internet sheets? Are they doing the Envision homework in class?

She is suppose to be using the Envision curriculum but sometimes does and sometimes doesn't... She does gives Envision quick checks, though, which are graded and I supposedly have some weight (though how much was never communicated) on their grade. I think of them as "quizzes." 98% of the homework are random internet math worksheets not Envision.

Originally Posted by blackcat
I just got a group email from DS's 6th grade math teacher complaining about how some kids do not yet know their math facts and since they are now doing long multiplication and divison with decimals, these kids are struggling. She told parents to make sure the kids are working on fluency. So maybe these practice sheets are supposed to be extra practice for those kids who are not fluent??

I don't think so... the entire class is getting the same homework. So, no reason for me to believe that only a certain subset of the class is getting the longer more repetitive homework. Also, she said in the beginning of the year that those who are not fluent in math facts will be give a math facts calendar that parent has to sign each night to show that their child did multiplication facts at least 4 nights a week.

Last edited by Irena; 10/29/15 09:43 AM.