Originally Posted by Cookie
My psychologist (well the university clinic) will not calculate and provide a FSIQ if the GAI is more representative of the child's ability (and states that FSIQ should NOT be used in this case). She only listed the GAI and told anyone using this report to use it in data used for decisions (I am sure the school psychologist could have quickly calculated th FSIQ in her head if she wanted to).

I was told that the GAI was the more accurate composite score for both of my children, but I have always just given the full results when we've needed to share them. In our case, they are both high enough (although the GAI is approximately a standard deviation higher) that they are not being restricted from programming either way, so I am not going to argue. Both of my DC have higher VCI and PRI than WMI or PSI, with each child having a different relative strength in the index/non-reasoning scores.

I think it's significant that CogAT is NOT an IQ score (is your school confusing the two?)...doesn't it say that on CogAT's own materials? (Sigh) People in our district confuse the two also though - it is not an uncommon mistake, even by school administrators. I agree with blackcat - 140 sounds like a high bar for CogAT. Here it is on CogAT's website: http://www.riverpub.com/products/cogAt/support.html#4