Just curious how many people have done this and if there have been any repercussions. I opted out DD last year, stating that I felt she was too unfocused and anxious to be tested. I got a score report from the State that lists her scores last year but for this year it has all "REF"s (for "refused"?) where the scores would normally be and the statement "Parent/guardian refused to allow the student to test" was plastered on the middle of every page. The school already does MAP testing so this gives us very little in the way of useful data beyond that, and I'm philosophically opposed to all the test prep they do and how much time the testing takes (esp. for a kid like my kid with focus issues). I am debating opting out again, but I wonder if this could somehow, down the line, bite us if the school refuses to place her in certain programming or honor classes if they don't have these scores. She did extremely well the first year she tested (well above the 90th percentile for both reading and math). I just don't like the testing, and neither does DD. I think it's excessive.