We've always created our own tools for this sort of thing.

Using a spreadsheet is one way-- and this is how DD has gravitated as she has gotten older.

This is a sort of "calendar" for the week, which shows an hourly schedule with fixed stuff in place and part of the template. Additional study time, group work, extracurriculars that shift, etc. etc. etc. are added during weekly "planning" time. We color code, because that is sort of our thing.

Two sidebars exist on the right, and one below. The top sidebar on the right that allows her to "write in" stuff that she schedules, and allows her to then move it to a second (still right) box where "upcoming" stuff is... that is, medical appointments in the FOLLOWING week, etc.

The bottom of the page lists two things below each day of the week in question.

The first is "Items I need to take with me today/what's happening in my classes" So this would include things like "bring Tolstoy-- discussion in 407" or "Midterm MTH"-- assessments tend to get coded in red for emphasis.

The second column is for what projects, etc are DUE and for what, and when during the week.

This is also a seven day schedule.

DD's schedule is extremely complicated, however, and it has been for a while now. It's not that her EF are really even bad relative to her college cohort, so much as that any reasonable adult would also have trouble tracking it all without a good tool.

So we helped her devise this particular tool over the past two years. Each Sunday evening, she is responsible for collecting all the appointment slips, syllabi, notes from class, etc. etc. e-mails from people, and collating it all into that week's schedule. Until a year ago, I did it, while she assisted me.

Then we print three copies of it, and send electronic copies to my computer and her dad's phone. That way we ALL know where she is supposed to be and when. This is mostly so that we don't accidentally text her during class or when she can't have her cell phone making noise, but also so that if we haven't heard from her in a while, we have a way to track her theoretical movements.

Buy in from the person using it is really really key, as Val notes for her son. My DD used to take a great deal of delight in being oppositional to WHATEVER plan I devised, whether or not it was in her interests to follow it. {sigh}

There is an organizer guru from NYC who wrote a book about helping kids with EF/organizational issues. She basically has this "system" that allows the child to make CHOICES based on what will work for them personally. I wish that I could remember who it is. It's a really quick read, and it has great ideas.

For DD, we adapted that and let her use a file box with hanging file folders for MANY years. It really really simplified finding things. I only had to remind her "can you file that?" and then stuff didn't get lost. Because it was her choice, she didn't fight the system, and it worked. smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.