We are scheduled to meet with our school district Superintendent soon regarding our request that our son be able to go through a process for determining if early entry to Kindergarten would be appropriate.
....Except that...we are in California and there is no such process at our local school AND children under 5 are not permitted to attend K.
I'm curious if anyone has tried this in California. What I am asking of them to consider our request by going through what process they find reasonable, knowing full well that they will say there is no process and that they do not recieve funding for children under age 5.
The school district tested him and he scored 99.5%ile for his FSIQ and 99.9%ile on a other assessments.
Our local school board policy states that early entry to K is possible on a case by case basis. I think this may be outdated or there never is a case by case basis.
I'm hoping the Superintendent will tell me to take it to the school board, which I will and perhaps they can grant an early entry.
We plan on starting him when he turns 5 (in February) as our last option (and likely only option).
Has anyone asked their local school board for early entry?
Thank you