Originally Posted by aeh
Originally Posted by Quantum2003
I am not an expert, but here are a couple more possibilities.

1. The school provided percentiles based on your district and your district is slightly lower than the national standards: For example, if 98 percentile in your district would only be 96 percentile nationally and thus 126 on the scale.

2. The school provided percentiles based on age (and your child is on the young side) but calculated the 126 based on grade.

Of course, it is entirely possible that the school doesn't know what they are doing at all. Like others have posted, the 16 SD means that 132 rather than 130 should be the magic number for this test.

Good luck an keep pushing.

Actually, #2 would be the other way around: the school provided percentiles based on grade, and a CSI based on age, and your child is old for grade, so the grade percentiles are higher.

My dd is older. I feel it is odd that they would penalize her for that. It isn't as if her grades in the class will be weighted based on her age. I would think they would be looking for 4th graders more than capable of doing the work of the class and that won't change because she is older than some in the class.

I have found several sample InView CSI reports online and the other odd thing is they all show a range of : Range 110-125 CSI 118
Range 77-109 CSI 93
Range 102-108 CSI 105

My dd's show Range 120-138 CSI 126

I would think her CSI would be 129, not 126. If her score is lower based on her age why do the example reports fall into the typical formula for finding a score based off of range. This test is very confusing!!