Originally Posted by blackcat
Originally Posted by ConnectingDots
Oh do I feel your pain. I suppose in hindsight, it will be good to have had this sneak peek into attitudes that are often more carefully hidden.

Ditto. I was going to say that it's frustrating, but this may have been the best thing that could happen because now you know to not waste your time with her. It would be even more heartbreaking if you found this out after he had been there a week or two or seven. We have had a couple teachers who put on fake, cheery smiles, claiming that they would differentiate and do X, Y, and Z and then they ended up being jerks after we had trusted them, so this way it is better. Hang in there.

This. So, so much. smile I know that it stings in the moment, but in the long haul, so much better than being led down that particular garden path.

Let's just say that I had a 4-6yo who was completely capable of hoodwinking even intelligent and perceptive adults who didn't know her, at least if she opted to go that route on any given day. I feel your pain.

I always held my breath a bit when it was time for her to "demonstrate" or "prove" anything to anyone-- for any reason. She reacts badly to being treated like a circus poodle.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.