Originally Posted by Peter
We don't want her to skip again and finish HS early. We thought she could do dual credits and finish HS and Community college when she graduates. Their HS has many AP classes so We are not worried about HS. But the pace is just too slow for her in MS.

The State requires at least Eng I, II, and III and recommend I-IV. But I don't think our kids want to stop there.
So what you are saying is your daughter isn't being properly challenged NOW, but you think she might when she gets to H.S.?

I can easily believe the pace is too slow in your daughter English class because most LA classes usually read books at a snails pace, partly so they can slowly analyze every little detail. It's frustrating your TAG classes do not do any different books or material. Do you think a grade acceleration in LA would be enough to challenge her?

I'm curious if she accelerates in LA, would she also accelerate in Social Studies/History. The school my son went to junior high, those two classes were taught by the same teacher in a double period. The LA curriculum is tied to the History Class. This is true in H.S. as well American Literature is taught the same year as US History for example.