I won't bore you with the saga, but more and more problems started appearing with the education DD6 is getting this year at Tiny Private School (which otherwise has many excellent qualities). So I did it. I pulled the plug.

My first official act as a homeschooling parent is letting her sleep in as long as she wants.

Later, at a much more civilized hour, we'll be going to her first day at the one-day-a-week public school I'm enrolling her in. (Essentially, a school for homeschoolers. It provides a community, some fun learning, the official mantle of school enrollment, and very little interference with how you want to educate your kid.)

This all went down about a week ago, and I was too overwhelmed to even post about it here. I think we're going to be okay, we just need to figure out our routine. I've already got a schedule roughed out where she's doing Awesome Stuff for blocks of time four days a week.

Am I showing my age if I say that Jethro Tull's Skating Away on the Thin Ice of a New Day is going through my head?