Well, FWIW my DD is "very well behaved" per the teacher. However she is a people pleaser and does not self advocate at this age. For example, she absolutely would not ask the teacher to help her find "harder" books to read, even though she really didn't want to read the books they were giving her for independent reading. She selected a book to take to class to read during quiet reading time but she would not take it out of her backpack. She was scared kids were going to laugh at her. Yet she still didn't want to read the easy books at her table. So, she asked if I could sent a note to the teacher asking if DD could read the book she brought. This did work. I am wondering if this is going to be an objection the school is going to bring up as a reason to for in class intervention (I still don't know exactly what constitutes intervention).

I feel with the achievement and IQ testing DD has completed there are objective reasons she needs some gifted programing. However I have never felt completely comfortable addressing the, what I have always found to be fairly subjective, maturity objection.