Because of a variety of health issues my children have I have gotten seriously into nutrition for the last 18 months, the somewhat obsessive way (y'all know what I'm talking about I'm sure). I am beginning to get very worried about the public health effects the over consumption of sugar, grains and processed meats and fats including the flavourings and colourings necessary to make these foodstuffs palatable is having. Not just obesity and diabetes and the usual suspects, but I am sure it is also depressing iq and attention levels, destabilizing mood etc. I think I've read it might be a reason for the slowing down/reversal of the Flynn effect in the industrialised countries.
To pick up the thread topic: none of the adults in our family has ever been tested, and DS7 is the very first child we have an iq score for, so take every assumption I am making with a grain of salt - and considering how floored I was by DS HG+ score! I am obviously not a good judge. But I know that while I may be verbally gifted, I am nowhere near in the math and science realm where DS is. I am not sure my husband is. But I am glad that at this point, whenever DS questions are beyond me and I haven't got a good way to find an answering me immediately, I can tell him to ask his father, and his father being a teacher, thankfully is home more often than some fathers might be. I am always very glad when DS shows interest in my strengths (he is currently on a geography binge, and that's right up my street) be cause I hear myself saying way too often "I can't tell you, you'll have to ask your papa" for my comfort or self confidence.