"Could the younger do most of her stuff in the higher grade but stay in her current grade for art, music, PE etc?"

Right - and at this point I don't think that we are talking about total grade skip, just math (although, like I said, she is advanced over all so how does that play out?). I like the idea of her sticking with classmates for all her other classes. She told me that she doesn't like to do the "different work" (advanced work from the teacher) in her class because it's not the same as her classmates so I know that she wants to be part of that group.

"I wouldn't sacrifice the acceleration of the younger sibling for the sake of older one (that wouldn't be fair especially the younger kid is PG and older kid is in grade). But at the same time, you have to look at the family dynamics, psyche of both kids, etc.... "

It is tricky! Her poor teacher really really works hard to provide her with challenging work, but it is hard to meet the needs of so many kids. Our state is cutting funds for schools so the teachers are having a heck of a time. If our daughter could move up it would be easier for everyone all around at school. We definitely need to look at all the aspects of placing a child ahead. I can't wait for the meeting with the AIG teacher. I am dragging my husband to it so the woman takes us VERY seriously.