I just get worried she is too hard on herself.
Yes, this can be a common trait among gifted individuals. There is a fine line between being internally motivated and driven to do one's best, strive, and improve -vs- feeling nothing is good enough and possibly developing a sustained sense of frustration and becoming unmotivated. The difference may be found in resilience and balance.

Some of the literature on perfectionism may highlight ways in which parents may plant the seeds. However seeds of perfectionism may be sown from a casual disapproving glance of a stranger, an adult's comment overheard, a teacher's attempt to encourage another child to check their own work, a commercial advertising message on TV or other media, or any random thing which may not have been directed to the child but which may strike a chord with the child... essentially anything the child internalizes.

Regardless the source of the seeds of perfectionism, parents may be in the ideal position to be aware if perfectionism may be taking root in their child and develop strategies to influence their child to be free of thinking which is not serving them well.

Here are some articles which may be of interest:
http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10459.aspx
http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10567.aspx

Here are two books which seem to have a good approach which some may describe as showing the reader what they can be free of, because it is not serving them well. A book which seems to understand perfectionism very well and which many find supportive is "What To Do When Good Enough Isn't Good Enough". Another book you might like is "Perfectionism: What's Bad About Being Too Good". While insightful, these are written gently for kids, in a style that is fun and engaging. Great reading for parents, who may later decide if these books may be helpful tools for their child.

Perfectionism... may lead to anxiety... may lead to self-harm. There are other threads on the forum discussing these topics.

There are also recent discussion threads on reading ability.

I notice she does read a head in her mind... I love to listen to her read smile
smile