Originally Posted by Frank22
If you are unconvinced of what I'm saying, you would have to believe that certain personality traits can alter one's IQ significantly, in which case you would have to believe that IQ tests are not a reliable measure of g. I would argue quite vehemently that one would not score well on all or even a large number of the sub-tests on the Wechsler battery without having a very high level of g and a very high level of g only. What are the chances that one, by sheer serendipity, would have all of the personality traits that are conducive to proficiency at tasks measuring abilities as different as vocabulary, block design, digit span, coding, and the like? Not only are these tasks only positively correlated due to the g-factor, they tend to be negatively correlated when g is factored out (for example, verbal comprehension and processing speed have a negative correlation when g is negligible for the aforementioned reasons).

So did I misunderstand your original assertion that a person's personality trait of meticulousness lowers their PSI and inflates the other three indices?