So, Indigo, do you think as long as the tester and I come to a clear understanding as to what I need from her (which believe we already have, i.e., she agreed to do the full math and reading WJII test, score the test and write a report containing the scores, age and grade percentiles), then she should be fine?

The tester is listed on the PHAA, which is the "Pennsylvania Homeschoolers Accreditation Agency" http://www.phaa.org/ (a diploma-granting organization recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to provide diplomas to graduates of Pennsylvania home education programs) as an accredited evaluator and tester I mean, I assume homeschooling people need this stuff (achievement testing) too and that's why businesses like hers exist... She isn't a school psychologist so she can't offer psycho-educational evals but the more I look into her it does look like she's probably legit for testing. There are may evaluators listed on the page but she seems to be very close to us geographically plus I like her special education experience.

According to how she is coded on the PHAA site (and she tells me and her website indicates) that she can "Can evaluate for Elementary students (i.e. grades 1-6) without advance written permission from the local school superintendent; Can evaluate for Secondary students (i.e. grades 7-12) without advance written permission from the local school superintendent; Can pre-approve for the handicapped" and, most important for my purposes, "Offers Individual PIAT or Woodcock-Johnson testing which can be used to meet the 3rd, 5th, or 8th grade testing requirement."

I just do not want to spend $600 on just getting two achievement tests. frown But I'd hate it if he could qualify for DYS and I didn't bother getting it done. I also think it would be very useful for other things as I listed. I already spent a bundle getting the IQ testing and report from the neuropsych. And I understand their kind of expertise is necessary for that ... But just seeing where he is achievement-wise? in reading and math? I mean, in school the teachers can give these tests right ? It doesn't have to be the school psych (even if it usually is b/c it is usually part of an RTI and eval).

Last edited by Irena; 12/21/13 09:11 AM.