Originally Posted by blackcat
D
Math Fluency SS: 127 97 (maybe this involved handwriting and that's why it's lower?)

This is the test that is timed, which is likely why it's a slightly lower score. From a note you mentioned in the other thread today about the other school, I think that your ds was given the option of oral responses rather than handwriting? Or did I interpret that incorrectly? I wouldn't worry too much about a 97th percentile vs 99th - both are great scores!

So what grade level math is he proficient with?

This is jmo, but I don't think there is any way to answer this question with this type of test - the # and types of problems he's been asked to do are too limited. The "Grade Level Equivalent" that is given simply means that the "average" 50th percentile student in grade X had the same score. The thing I would do to try to figure out what his grade level proficiency is to try to find your school district's curriculum standards for each grade - you can find them online in many school districts. Look through the standards for 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd etc grades and compare them to what you know your ds can do - this will give you a good idea of where he's at relative to which grade level. When you ask for acceleration, you can start by using the WJ-III data, but if the school balks at that, I'd take your list of what you know he knows vs grade level (from looking through the district curriculum standards) and then request end-of-grade level tests, or whatever achievement test they *will* accept.

Good luck at your meeting tomorrow - I hope it goes well!

polarbear