The first trimester is over and DS5.3's Kindergarten teacher has been slowly uploading the grades / assessments on the website and looking at the scores, I wonder if she's ever even met DS? Not sure if all Kinder kids are graded on the 1-4 standards scale? But that's what we're getting with 1 Below Basic, 2 being Basic, 3 being Proficient, 4 Exceeds ... and while he's doing OK, I don't see a lot of his "grades" corresponding to reality? He's "proficient" in pretty much everything with few exceptions but this is a kid who's doing math 2 levels above ... I have only seen him make mistake on a class assignment ONCE (when he said he was too bored and was just guessing answers) ... if what he's doing at home isn't "exceeds" category than I can't imagine what is? Or is the school only grading up to Proficient and does not even use exceeds? One of his Social Studies grades is "basic" ... kid that can have an adult conversation with anyone about pretty much anything? It's not that I think my kid is a genius ... The younger one might be ... this one is more on the very bright / gifted trajectory. But objectively (and I can be pretty objective even about my own kid), if I was teaching a kid like him, I'm pretty sure the grades would be higher! He's getting quite a few lower grades for "self control" and some other related categories, and I know that's where he has problems ... too impulsive, energetic, talkative (to him everything is a two way conversation) but it makes me wonder if the behavior is what's making his grades lower? Any Kindergarten parent out there who has experience with this? ... overall it's just one more reason why I think I'm right wanting to pull him out and homeschool after Thanksgiving. But I just wonder if this is normal? My expectations were more along the lines of all 4s in Math and Science, 4s and 3s in Social Studies, 3s in reading and 2s in writing (where he really suffers). I haven't seen any grades from Language arts yet so I wonder how on the spot or off I'll be in that area.