That makes sense. Early entry is forbidden in NZ by the education act so it doesn't come up. My son took part in the morning for the WPPSI4 norming last month at 4.3 and will be tested on the WJ111 cognitive before he turns five next may. This is a bit early but pearsons don't tell her the scores and she thought he probably ought to be tested before he started school.

I have heard of some pre-schools over there testing too. I really wanted to know if there was a behavoir that made her want to test.

Ps mumof3 the decision to test him before school is based on his birthday being after the cut off for going straight into NZ y1. He would normally have to do 3 terms in Y0 followed by 4 in year 1 whereas ds6 whose birthday was 5 weeks earlier did 3 terms in y1 then straight into year 2. Strangely enough due to a late Easter in 2007 and ds6 waiting until after Easter to start they will both a actually start on the first day of the second term. My son is frustrated as the youngest in year 2, i can't imagine what he would be like in year 1.

Last edited by puffin; 08/27/13 02:13 AM.