Refresh: we moved to Toronto, DD is going into the gifted 4th grade. They put the gifted in the school in the area with the poorest scores, though it also has special ed, which changes scores and it also has a pool so one day a week, they swim.

There are 4 others schools in the area that all have similar good scores and many kids qualified for gifted. One school had 15 kids qualify but only 2 took the school DD is registered at. Found out the principal of that school, the one in the area I like the best, decided to run her own gifted class as to not lose the kids.

My dilemma. If I try and get her into that school, she will have many more girl peers, not sure about acceleration, no bus, so I have to get her there. Not awful but a pain.
The school she is registered has so few kids coming that the 4th is a split class of 4/5. Which means she might be able to skip. Since she has already done the CTY 5th grade math and reads at 6th I think I can get this done. But the class has mostly boys. One girl from down the street, who will be in the 5th grade there, has some personality issues and the mother smokes so no playdates at her house anyway.
So one side has strong possibility for grade skip, bus, and swimming. The other side has peer population and a school I like better.