Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to respond!

I do think my son was a bit anxious and uncomfortable testing surrounded by adults, so I am sure that did impact his scores in some way. But I was still surprised especially in math that he did not do better. According to his MAP Scores he is at about a 6th grade level. He is not as strong verbally maybe only 1-2 years ahead.

Polarbear, his scores were pretty consistent across the WISC within each section though overall his PRI was 14 points higher than his VCI. This was also true when he took the CogAT; quantitative and nonverbal were higher than verbal. He is more gifted visually and spatially . I believe his verbal on the WISC was 96% while his PRI was 99.7% I now most gifted children tend to be more verbally gifted? Or those are the ones I tend to see at school in his gifted pull-out program.

His WIAT scores were also fairly consistent though he was lower on the fluency sections but overall his score was close to his IQ at 139.

The tester who administered the WISC also said that my son liked to take his time and really figure things out and that timed tests may not be a good indicator of his ability and I need to tell that to his teachers. So that could have been at play when he took the SCAT as well. He did say he had 1 minute left when he completed the quantitative section and I have a feeling the timer was stressful for him.

Thank you Zen Scanner for the link. I was a bit off on the percentiles I posted I think but his scaled scores were 424 verbal and 434 quantitative. If I am reading it correctly on the CTY site he missed the quantitative by 1 point.

It may be worth having him retake it since he was close on math and is now familiar with the environment. He had never seen analogies before and I am sure that stumped him a bit. He also does all his math in his head like Dandy's son and he can make careless mistakes as well when he does not reread and take his time.

I really appreciate all the input!!