I am not sure if we did anything to address it directly to be honest. For Reading which is his weakest subject, DS said during winter testing there were a few questions about word roots that he absolutely had no idea how to answer since he has not been exposed to them. He guessed on a few until he got a few wrong in a row and the test ended. So we started him on the Word Roots CD - for about 30 mins a week on his request. I am not certain if this helped his scores bounce back but his scores about 12 points. Math we did nothing out of the ordinary and it still went up 11 points.
I did speak to his teacher about the drop in winter and she was not too worried about it. MAP is supposed to be adaptive so it takes a few tests for it to get the child's real level. This was DS's first year of MAP so it was his second test.
Also if you have not already done so you can request for a detailed 20 page MAP report from the school - this gives a lot of information about what was tested and what areas could be worked on etc. I wouldn't be too worried just yet - wait for the fall test, perhaps your DD was just having a bad day on that particular day of testing. Good luck

Last edited by rachsr; 05/14/13 05:38 AM.