My DS6 tested a 132 on the WPSIII, which is a score that means moderately gifted on some of the charts.

As of last August, he was reading at a 5th grade level, and I think we're at 6th or 7th by now. For math, last August he tested at end of 1st grade and I've been having him do a bit of Khan Academy addition. He had fun with the addition with carrying.

Mostly he's really verbal and he's a happy kid. I think he wishes he could meet more kids like him or have pen pals or email pals.

He struggles with printing, and the testing we had done last August revealed big handwriting challenges. With his teachers and the educational psychologist who did the testing, we asked him to pick a hand this year. He was very proud of being ambidextrous, but it was not serving him well. His handwriting has greatly improved over the last year, but it's still not as fast as his brain.

We had the testing done so that we'd feel more confident asking his school for some accommodations. We thought he was pretty bright, and even had other parents remarking on his reading and his intelligence, but we wanted some evidence.