I feel like my DS7 generally enjoys his age peers at school. Especially the MG boys that enjoy being class clowns. crazy Had a few disciplinary issues lately due to this. 40+% of these kids test at least MG, so maybe that makes a difference. There are maybe 1-2 other kids in class that are beyond MG. He also really enjoys older boys. When things digress to fighting or screaming with groups of boys DS just walks away and does tend to get frustrated.

However, academically this year has been a disaster. I'm not sure I could identify that he's really learned anything at school. We're definitely hanging in there for the social aspect until the end of the year. I would love to keep him with age peers, but I don't see a way to make that work. He would need multiple grade skips to actually be learning. But based on his size alone (48 lb 1st grader), I'm not really anxious to do it.

Anyway gtmom, you sound like a gem of a teacher. I wish there were more of you in the world! I do think the social issues need to be decided on the basis of each child's personality.