Hello everyone. I am new here but I am very happy to have found you. I am starting out on this incredible journey with two amazing HG kids and whew, do my husband and I ever need some straight-up advice!

Here's the situation: we couldn't get anyone to take us seriously at our local school system (supposed to be one of the best around! ha ha!!!) so we had our 5 year old son, CJ, evaluated independently in October. Another reason to evaluate is that our son has told us he "isn't learning anything new for the second year in a row." Through testing we learned that he is is indeed exceptional and is reading at an 8th grade level with the verbal portion or his brain (for a shorter way to put it) firing at the equivalent of a 14 year old. He is delayed in his fine motor and upper body gross motor skills. He is currently in K. Our plan for the moment is to stay the course at the K we're in and give him 3 days of OT to help bring the writing in balance.

For next year we obviously need a much better school. We live in Fairfield County, Connecticut. There are a host of schools that claim to tailor their program to GT but it is hard to separate the real ones from the "dabblers." We have the added pressure on us to have the school also work for CJ's twin sister TA. She's also HG by all informal accounts and will be tested next year. Plus, we do not want to seperate our twins by GRADE because we feel it would harm one or the other emotionally. We want them in different classrooms at the same school. We may be unrealistic but if there's a way to do it so they are both in first grade but getting what they need, we think that would be best. Sooooo ... we need the benefit of your good advice since we are just starting the schooling of these HG twins and we need any advice you may have about schools in our area ... we will do private but we would also consider moving towns. Thanks