Originally Posted by fwtxmom
Enrichment is language arts is so much trickier than in math, IMHO. I was facing the same question for DD8 DYS (based on her PG level VCI) for the upcoming year. DD did not want to grade skip and the school was very reluctant to subject accelerate her in LA due to logistics and the dreaded "We've never done that before."
I'd agree. While both of my dds have HG+ VCI scores, one is 2e and did okay with a GT Language Arts class that met daily for the last two years of elementary. My dd13, on the other hand, I can honestly say has only had about two years of her entire schooling career where she has learned anything at all in her language arts classes and she'll be a 10th grader in the fall.

We did get subject acceleration to a GT/accelerated LA class in third grade and that was one of the years where she learned. She wrote research papers on things like harmful algae blooms and their impact on marine mammals, read unabridged classics like the Call of the Wild, and learned how to develop and give presentations on research papers.

For the most part, we've not managed to get much more than basic reading, writing, and spelling outside of full-time GT LA classes, though until around 8th grade.