We are requesting subject acceleration to the 7th grade honors English class next year for dd11, currently a 5th grader.

She started at her current elementary school the first week of March and will switch to the middle school in the fall.

VCI--148
FSIQ--143

Explore as a 4th grader:
English 23
Reading 19

This is a hypercompetitive district with tons of GT identified kids and lots of driven parents and a heavy workload. I could actually request a full-grade acceleration but I think the transition to the middle school will be a challenge to dd's organizational and time management skills and I would like her to go through that transition with the other 6th graders.

There is a "request for acceleration" form that they apparently use for a full-grade acceleration request, and they use the IAS for that. I sent the middle school principal an e-mail saying that we were requesting subject acceleration to 7th grade honors English for next year and this was her response:

"I did get your letter. We place students based on test scores. After the CRCTs this year, we will receive information about all of our rising 6th grade students. We look at each one individually and place them based on criteria. If a student is already served through the gifted program, we are required to serve in at least one area. Some of our students qualify for more than one AC class. I have kept your letter in our placement file and will look at dd's scores when we get them."

Please help me word my response. This seems like the kind of request that may require more time to make happen than the regular grade level honors classes which they place kids in, which is why I would like to get the ball rolling now. School ends at the end of May and begins mid-August.

Thanks for your advice!