Originally Posted by AtHomeMum
Thanks, Grinity, and I might do that - though not sure I'd like what I read ;-) I've been keeping handy the rec for Edward Amend which you kindly gave me a while back. Would love to have Dr. Amend eval DS, but cost is a factor. Distance is another. I suppose I could take a deep breath & explore that portfolio option, see where it gets us, and then use testing as a "last resort" of sorts. I'll dig deeper into the portfolio option right now!
Try and get the 'raw scores' you many be able to get a 'phone consult' with someone more familiar with gifted for much less than what a new test would cost. I will say that the very very high verbal and the 'well above average but' PRI is quite interesting to me, and not a split that I see often enough to even form an opinion about.

On the other hand, he is certainly gifted, no question about it. How much more will you learn from a really excellent assessment? Not sure.

Fill out the application and throw a few things together for the portfolio (video of him talking about anything that interests him 'for a time capsule' or 'grandma') - just DO it. Pretend that getting it in is a speed test. And yea, don't let your kid know what you are up to!!

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com