Hello. So I am overwhelmed with where to start with the whole school issue for my DS (5) late November birthday (20th) and who is reading etc at what I believe is 3rd grade plus level(chapter books) and has been reading since 2 1/2.... He's also way ahead with understanding concepts, and many other academic skills. He is eligible for 1st Grade this year, but I worry that he will be the youngest in class (and then conflicted because I know the gifted children like to be around older children and adult conversation for stimulation). It was my goal to put him in Kinder this Fall so that he would start First Grade in Fall 2013. School and friends say that it's best for a boy with a late birthday to wait a year and be the oldest child rather than the youngest. I'm not sure if that holds with the gifted children though? Our home school doesn't offer a Gifted program till 3rd grade. We had put him in the newly offered Transitional Kindergarten Program at our home school but he was so far advanced that we decided to keep him home after the Christmas holiday's. I'm considering signing up for the Young Scholars Program but am overwhelmed by the site too and don't understand if I just need 2 IQ tests to apply or if I need the other information requested (it doesn't seem relevant to the 5 year old not in school?). Does anyone have any advice for an active mum trying to make good choices on behalf of her child as he enters the education system..... Cheers!!