Originally Posted by mygirlrocks
so overall I 'm unhappy with a school GT program and that's why I 'm trying her for a Davidson Institute.
I think applying to Davidson is a great idea, but I don't have a clear picture exactly what you are hoping it will do for you. They have a lot of benifits, but in the end, every child is different and has unique needed.

So the Gifted Pull out is giving an emotional/social boost, but between it and the regular program something is lacking and you feel the need to supliment at home. Suplimenting at home works well for some families, and we have tons of idea if you need them.

Another approach that work well for some families is to request a full grade skip plus the 1 hour pull out, so that the child is getting used to the idea that school is for learning, and also that idea that sometimes learning take a bit of time/struggle/engagement. (Can you tell I like this sort of thing? I do!)

Part way in the middle is to ask for your child to go up a grade (or two if needed) for certian subjects.

Starting with testing to sort out 'how unusual' your child is is a great starting point.

Let us know how things turn out!
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com