Originally Posted by onthegomom
SAT?? do you mean EXPLORE? He is in 5th grade, excepts 6th for math and science.
Definitely do EXPLORE if it's availible in your area, but do SAT or ACT as well. If he can even do 'average' for a high school junior - which he probably can do this year or next year - it will make eyes pop, and open doors for summer programs......
It's totally 'normal' - because of summer camps for 12 year olds to do SAT or ACT. 11 is a little young, but very fun and great preparation for age 12. My son said it's like 'being inside a real-life video game.' (Can you tell I was worried and looking for reassurance from him - something I really try not to do?)

speaking of summer programs - take a look at http://www.mathpath.org/ it's for kids aged 11-14.

I like the idea of getting the open-minded teacher to say nice things in front of the closed minded teacher. Sometimes you can ask if last years teacher can attend the meeting with this year's teacher. You may even be able to get your family consultant to attend the meeting over speaker phone.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com