We're two weeks in and DS7 is doing great. We had a scare last week b/c the county moved to a new "integrated" curriculum and are no longer separating into different classrooms for math like they'd been doing. Lots of talk about how math is simply "part" of the other lessons. "There's no set time for math, etc., etc.) New curriculum has some pluses, but this is not it.

Thankfully, at back to school night, principal said that after looking at the needs of the kids (we're at the GT school), she's decided the school needs to continue the math switch. Hurrah! So, looks like all will be well after all. I'm hoping the math switch will start next week.

In the meantime, DS likes his teacher and seems happier than he ever has been about going to school. And teacher says he's even completing his work (still slow, but I'll take it!) Another staffer at the school pulled me aside at back to school night and told me really nice things about how quick he is to learn things and how well he's doing socially. All nice to hear ;-)