Hi snewsom - Sorry your post got missed. Hopefully others will chime in. I have a few comments. Our DS7 loves math, too. He did some EPGY when the local school math wasn't challenging enough, but it's very dry. He has liked things that are not curricula, such as the Penrose the Mathematical Cat series. There's Timez Attack, an online multiplication game (there's a free version). Hmm. Trying to remember pre-kindy. DS did like the Jumpstart online educational software, which includes math games.

Do you feel your DD is quite advanced in math? If yes, have you spoken to the school to see what kinds of opportunities there are in math for your DD? Ultimately, what helped our son in kindy was when the school staff tested him using MAP, and discovered he was quite advanced. The GT teacher basically tutored him in 2nd grade math for the 2nd half of kindy. We had offered to have him do EPGY at the school too, but they came up with a better plan.

I guess I should ask what is your goal? Does your DD want to do more math? Before school starts, I would try to keep it fun. But if she's begging for math, I wouldn't hold her back.

Good luck.

ETA - found a link re: math in GT kids: Encouraging Math Thinking in GT kids

Last edited by st pauli girl; 06/24/11 07:52 PM.