Do you have the option of school of choice where you live? We got to the point with dd10 this past year that we seriously considered changing schools and that did seem to prompt the school to make changes b/c they seemed to be more interested in bending their policies than losing her.

My dd10 is 2e so some of her circumstances will be different, of course. We were told that, if the child wasn't selected for subject acceleration in math in 3rd grade, that it wouldn't be happening at all ever. Dd10 is very erratic in terms of achievement but has very high IQ scores and 98th-99th+ achievement scores on individual tests. Her group tests are very inconsistent, though, and those are what they use for placement.

My dd was subject accelerated in math for the first time in 5th grade this past year and did pass the district tests for continuing to accelerate in middle school. Point being, just b/c they tell you they've never done it, other kids have been adequately challenged without it, she'll have opportunities later... this isn't about other people's kids. This is about what is (and isn't) working for your dd. Would you be willing to change schools? Do you think that you'd get further with this school if you were clear that you would?

I wouldn't be comfortable with what you've been told myself. It does sound like a stalling technique and I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome next year is more of what you've gotten thus far.