Our Montessori school is not that great. Or rather, DD's teacher is not that great.
According to her, DD is asking too much atention from her and has a short atention span. She (DD) tried to do a 12-piece puzzle at the beginning of the year and the teacher told her right away that it was too difficult for her. Then of course, DD found it 'difficult' and could not do it frown

There is more to it, but essentially, DD is 'free' to do any activity... provided that she chooses the one that the teacher thinks she should choose.

I hope that now that she knows the numbers (finally!) and has started at home to do addition, she can get some more challenging stuff, at least in maths.

Teacher noticed as well the issues with perfectionism, but intstead of increasing the level of challenge, she wanted to give her only very easy tasks, to build her self-confiance....

I will soon have a conference with Mrs Teacher and I will get more feedback on what is going on.

I still think that, if properly done, Montessori is a good system, but it needs to be done flexibly, which in my case it is not.